Pages

Friday 7 January 2011

Tap Dogs opens in Sydney

Well I am still tapping my feet after watching the show last night or is it the rhythm of me typing! I am not often quite so blown away; this has to be on the top of your list for this month. There are still tickets left, I just checked!
You don't know what Tap Dogs is? Well they are not dancing dogs like my sister thought!  In a nut shell 6 guys and 2 hours of non-stop entertainment.  I think even those of you who are not into dance will enjoy this. The music is excellent, congrats to Genevieve Wilkins and Lyndsay Evans, the two lovely girls beating out the drums and percussion amongst other things.


The 6 rather dishy guys pulled out all the stops as they tap and slide their way through the two hours. There is no mishy mushy stuff here it is hard core steel toed caps as the guys dance in the construction site in jeans and a singlet or even bare chested; yes Grandma take your blood pressure tablets before you go! Some of the routines really stood out for me, one was with basketballs and the other as they danced on girders, I hate to think how long they had to rehearse to get these right. The opening was impressive and the humour really drew you in, you almost felt like you were up there with them.

Go and see them you will be amazed and if you are young and have ever thought about tap dancing this will inspire you - Tap Dogs video

No comments: