Pages

Friday 3 May 2013

Marlborough Hotel New Garden Bar - Review


Reviewed by Tori Clapham
Marlborough Hotel’s brand new addition to their sizeable establishment was certainly not what I had in mind when I pictured the place as I knew it. I was rather delighted as I peaked past a polite lady at the door, checking people’s names off the list – the flooring was lush synthetic grass and the welcoming warm glow from inside was most enticing. Before we had even passed the entrance, a tray of drinks was offered for us to select from – I went with a gorgeously coloured grape fruit and gin cocktail.

Pink revitalizer in hand, I wandered into Garden Bar to check out the décor. Green, aqua, blue and mint tones adorned the walls and furniture, with the signature grass even covering some walls. I was transported straight back to a relaxed summer evening when we reached the beer garden; strung fairy lights glimmered and a framed print of the suggestion “drink” hung on a side wall, framed in old fashioned Hollywood mirror lights. I gladly complied.

Sat at one of the benches in the beer garden, platters of crisp and delicious snacks soon began to flow. My favourite – the salted cod and potato fingers. Joyful tunes blared throughout the evening, an agreeable mix of old classics and enliving new releases. All staff were good humoured, and a cheerful, laid back atmosphere ensued.

Garden Bar felt like a real pub, but with a twist. It was very clear that a lot of thought and care was put in to the creation of this space, an effort certainly not lost on its notably pleased new patrons.
 

No comments: