Pages

Friday 28 October 2011

Short Stack

It was very amusing going to the launch of the Short Stack documentary about their rise to musical stardom. Being old enough to be their mum, almost ..... maybe! Being surrounded by young girls, screaming their lungs out was an experience I don't wish to repeat too often.  I admit, I didn't really know too much about them, though I had heard their music. I have since come to understand that 1. they don't have many boy fans and 2. girls seem to love them or hate them.  I have to say that if you hate them, I don't believe you. To hate something, to really hate something you have to know them. You might not like their music or the way they look, but to say you hate them is .... just wrong.
I was very impressed with their story, they proved that even in the music industry, if you believe in what you are doing, you are passionate about it and you never give up, you will get there.  Their passion for the music and their commitment to their fans really came through on the film, plus just how hard they worked. (I think they need a long holiday I was exhausted for them)  I was also glad that they stayed as true to themselves as they could. They didn't give out to the pressure of others, though it did seem like the media did have some influence over the way they looked.  It is a great film, even us oldies enjoyed it. Three young lads having the times of their lives, making some great music and making people happy what was there not to like about it?
So to Short Stack congratulations, keep having fun, keep true to your beliefs and keep making us smile!

No comments: